Journal Entry #4


    In case you haven't noticed, the way dates are written here is different from back home in the USA.  Here, it's: day day / month month / year year.  (Instead of mm/dd/yy).  I thought I'd just clarify that.  I'm sure some of you are wondering how I got 20 months to equal 1 year. 

    Today is Saturday, so I slept in.  It sure is nice to be able to sleep in during weekends -- I used to have to work on weekends.  I woke up today at 10:30am and showered/got dressed.  I was ready for brunch at noon and went down with Rebecca.  Brunch was so-so.  I had a croissant with tuna and tried some sort of "Florida Waldorf Salad" (too sour to include fruit).  The lunch lady also tossed a green (iceberg) salad over my whole plate, so I had to dig through it to get at the real food (if you care to call it that).  I also had berry yogurt and orange juice with it. 

    After brunch, I went back up to my room and read my e-mail.  That didn't last long, so I started to play some CDs.  I get pretty bored over here!  I finally sat down and read some of Dracula (Bram Stoker's) and was really getting into it.  Around 2:45pm Rebecca knocked and wanted to go to the gym.  I changed into my exercise outfit and we left.  We had a nice hour-long workout; there were only 2 other people in the exercise room.  I worked on cardiovascular, legs, and a tiny amount of upper body. 

    When back in my room, I listened to my voice mail from my Dad.  I called my parents a bit later and we talked for a good half hour or more.  I then showered and got all dressed up so that Rebecca and I could go to the Scottish Symphony Orchestra concert.  Rebecca and I went down to dinner around 5:35pm.  Dinner was some sort of chicken stir-fry that was OK, plus cauliflower (potato option, but I'm sick of potatoes).  Dessert was chocolate pudding that's never sweet enough. 

    Rebecca tried to convince this English guy to go to the concert with us, but he "had to study" and didn't want to pay the 6.  We were trying to save money -- the more people you can get to go, the less the cab fare because you can split it.  However, we found nobody to go with us to the concert.  We had already gotten all dressed up and such.  Rebecca and I gave up and just didn't go -- that's a lot of money that we didn't have. 

    It's now 8:42pm and I've been sitting here by my desk, just fiddling with the Internet, e-mail, my country CD's (right now I'm listening to Dixie Chicks' "Fly" album), and Dracula.  I've also had 2 cups of my good "Kiwi Pear Daily Green Tea" and some candy.  The day has been real non-productive and relaxed.  It's certainly not a fast-paced life here, unlike in California.  This journal entry must have been REAL boring to read, but I had to include an entry today so you could see what a weekend can be like here. 2003-2006, Cindy Fulton